Tired of wearing glasses or contact lenses? Today, several surgical methods can correct your eyesight and, in most cases, give you the freedom of seeing well without corrective lenses.
- Start here for an overview of the different types of surgery to correct myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism; and the merits and drawbacks of each.
- Itâs the most popular vision correction surgery, by far. Learn what to expect before, during and after the procedure.
- Complications from LASIK are few, but they do happen. Itâs important to understand the risks, and how to minimize them.
- Successful LASIK surgeons get that way from experience and the ability to screen out poor candidates for the procedure. Hereâs the list of what makes you a good candidate.
- A number of relatively new procedures are addressing the age-related decrease in ability to focus on near objects, that was once correctable only with bifocals.
- These small lenses or optical devices are inserted into the cornea to alter its shape and correct vision problems.
- Sometimes because of disease or injury, the cornea becomes so damaged that problems cannot be corrected with eyeglasses, contacts, or refractive surgery such as LASIK.